The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club offers 12 championship tennis courts for use by members and registered hotel guests – all of which are lighted for evening play. Use of the tennis courts is free of charge.
The following rules and regulations are for the benefit and protection of all players:
1. Courts are reserved for Club Members or registered hotel guests only.
2. All players are required to sign-in on the tennis board to use courts.
- Two (2) players for singles and four (4) players for doubles must be present to sign-in.
- Three (3) players may occupy a court for one (1) hour only. If a 4th arrives, players may play for an additional 30 minutes.
3. Open courts are available on a first come, first served basis. If a court is open, you may not “bump” players off another court.
4. Players with court reservations are expected to keep their reservation and not be on a wait list for another court.
5. Tennis court reservations on designated courts are accepted Tuesday through Sunday. Court reservations can be made no more than 24 hours in advance and may be obtained at the tennis desk.
6. Prior approval is required for any round robin play.
7. Adults have priority over juniors, except in the case of special junior activities or events. Juniors may be assigned courts by tennis department staff for these purposes.
8. Proper tennis attire is required to be worn by all players. Swimsuits, cutoffs, sports bras and jeans are not permitted. All players must wear shirts.
9. All Players are required to wear tennis shoes with non-marking soles. Bare feet, sandals and street shoes are not permitted on the courts.
10. Strollers are not permitted on the tennis courts.
11. The following are reasons for dismissal from the courts:
- Disregard for Court Rules
- Cell phone usage
- No glass drinks of any kind
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including profanity or racket throwing
- Improper attire or improperly soled shoes
- Inappropriate behavior towards Club staff or other Members and guests
For more information please contact the Tennis Department at 858.551.4680 or Tennis@LJBTC.com.