The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club offers 12 championship tennis courts for use by members and registered hotel guests - all of which are lighted for evening play. Use of the tennis courts is free of charge.
The following rules and regulations are for the benefit and protection of all players:
- Courts are reserved for Club Members or registered hotel guests only.
- Courts are now reserved through Court Reserve App. Please see instructions below on how to reserve courts through our new app.
- Players with court reservations are expected to keep their reservation and not be on a wait list for another court.
- Prior approval is required for any round robin play.
- Adults have priority over juniors, except in the case of special junior activities or events. Juniors may be assigned courts by tennis department staff for these purposes.
- Proper tennis attire is required to be worn by all players. Swimsuits, cutoffs, sports bras and jeans are not permitted. All players must wear shirts.
- All Players are required to wear tennis shoes with non-marking soles. Bare feet, sandals and street shoes are not permitted on the courts.
- Strollers are not permitted on the tennis courts.
- The following are reasons for dismissal from the courts:
- Disregard for Court Rules and Social Distancing Guidelines
- Cell phone usage
- No glass drinks of any kind
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including profanity or racket throwing
- Improper attire or improperly soled shoes
- Inappropriate behavior towards Club staff or other Members and guests
*Due to COVID-19 safety precautions and current county health guidelines, the additional protocols have been put in place:
- New tennis balls must be used for all play occasions and we suggest that two cans be used to allow you to identify your own set of balls, based on the number imprinted on the balls.
- Players should serve only with their own balls.
- For the time being, we will not be permitted to rent racquets, provide towels, water or score-tenders, so you should bring those supplies with you.
We ask that everyone be respectful and not congregate around the courts, and that you please arrive only shortly before reserved court time and to please leave the area immediately afterwards.
Due to the private nature of our property, Tennis Services and courts are reserved for Club Members and their guests or registered hotel guests only.
Courts are now reserved online with Court Reserve.
If you have not already, you will need to register and create a username and password. Download from the Apple Store Download on Android from Google Play Register on Desktop
To Book a Court using the app:
- Click on Reservations
- Click on Reservable Courts
- Choose the day and time you wish to play.
- Singles: 1-hour max time.
- Doubles: 1.5-hours max time.
- You may only book one-day in advance starting at 8:00 a.m. each day.
- Select singles or doubles.
- You may add additional players if you want, but do not need to. In order to reserve and complete your reservation, you must make sure all fields with an * are filled.
Please contact our Tennis Department at 858.551.4680
or [email protected]
for assistance with court reservations or additional information.